Stuffed Pepper Soup is a reasonable and scrumptious soup that can heat your stomach from the within out.
A enjoyable twist on a conventional stuffed peppers, this soup has sausage and floor beef simmered in a zesty broth with peppers and tomatoes. Add in rice and serve it scorching!
A Household Favourite Soup!
This recipe turns our favourite stuffed peppers recipe into a comfy bowl of soup.
- This simple Stuffed Pepper Soup is fast to make and desires much less prep work than conventional stuffed peppers.
- It’s taste packed, hearty and budge pleasant!
- This versatile recipe can use a variation of veggies and any form of floor meat.
Elements for Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Meat: I exploit each beef and Italian sausage for nice taste. Be happy to make use of turkey sausage, all beef, and even floor turkey or pork. If skipping the sausage, add additional seasonings.
- Onion and Garlic: These add taste to the soup; recent garlic is greatest, however garlic powder works in a pinch.
- Tomatoes: A mix of crushed and diced tomatoes provides the soup physique. No want to empty. Crushed tomatoes may be changed with tomato sauce.
- Beef Broth: Use both beef broth or beef inventory on this recipe. Substitute beef with hen broth if desired.
- Bell Peppers: I exploit crimson and inexperienced peppers, however you should use no matter you may have available. Pink, yellow, and orange peppers are sweeter, whereas inexperienced peppers are a bit extra zesty.
- Rice: Use cooked white or brown rice – cooking it individually ensures it doesn’t get mushy within the soup. Leftover lengthy grain rice works nice right here. Maintain it low-carb with cauliflower rice if you happen to’d like!
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed pepper soup solely takes about 35 minutes and may be made in only one pot with just a few minutes of prep!
- Brown beef, onions, and garlic in a big pot. Drain.
- Add remaining substances (per recipe beneath) besides rice and simmer for 25 to half-hour.
- Lastly, stir within the cooked rice and parsley and warmth for about 5 minutes.
The rice is cooked individually, that means this soup reheats and freezes fantastically. When you’re planning for leftovers, add scorching rice to every bowl and prime with the soup. When you’re planning to serve the entire batch, stir the rice into the pot!
Fridge: This recipe may be saved within the fridge for as much as 4 days and reheated on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Freezer: Stuffed pepper soup may be made in batches and frozen, it reheats properly. Thaw within the fridge in a single day and reheat. Tip: Freeze in particular person servings and revel in a fast lunch for one!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Stuffed pepper soup has sausage and floor beef, plenty of tender candy bell peppers, and tomatoes. Add in rice and serve it scorching!
In a big pot or Dutch oven, cook dinner the meat, sausage, onion, and garlic over medium-high warmth till no pink stays. Drain any fats.
Stir within the broth, Italian seasoning, bell peppers, crushed and diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
Deliver to a boil, cut back the warmth to medium-low, and let simmer uncovered for 25 to half-hour or till peppers are tender and the soup has barely thickened.
Stir the rice* and parsley and simmer a further 5 minutes or till heated by way of. Style and season with salt and extra pepper if desired.
This recipe makes use of 2 cups of cooked rice which is roughly ⅔ cup of uncooked lengthy grain white rice.
Optionally available garnishes: Strive a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese, recent herbs like basil, or a dollop of bitter cream.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Energy: 248 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 23g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 688IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.