This rooster pot pie casserole is a comfy dish that my household loves!
Hen and veggies are smothered in a scrumptious creamy sauce, topped with biscuits, and baked till golden.
This satisfying meal is one which the household will ask for many times!
Cozy Hen Pot Pie Casserole
Chicken pot pie is the final word consolation meals. This recipe provides the entire taste to a simple casserole and replaces the pie crust with flaky biscuits.
- This cozy casserole is a simple no-roll tackle chicken pot pie.
- This versatile recipe works with every kind veggies.
- Hearty and satisfying, this dish is right for giant households and company! Or, benefit from the leftovers for lunches.
Elements for Hen Pot Pie Casserole
Sauce – The sauce for this recipe is straightforward to make with chicken broth, milk, and seasonings. When you’re in a rush, you may substitute 2 cans of cream of rooster soup, ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning, and ⅔ cup milk.
Greens – Use frozen combined greens, thawed and drained. You should use contemporary greens like carrots, celery, or mushrooms on this recipe – remember to prepare dinner them till tender crisp.
‘Crust’ – The biscuit topping is so easy! Use a can of Pillsbury biscuit dough, or be happy to combine up a fast batch of homemade biscuits. Even crescent roll dough will work to create a flaky topping.
Methods to Make Hen Pot Pie Casserole
Only a few easy steps is all it takes to make this tasty dish!
- Put together the sauce per the recipe under.
- Add cooked potatoes, thawed greens, and diced rooster to the sauce and pour right into a baking dish.
- High with biscuits and bake till golden brown and bubbly. Brush the biscuits with melted butter and revel in!
Storage & Reheating
- Hen pot pie casserole tastes one of the best when served instantly whereas the biscuits are nonetheless scorching and crisp. Leftovers will hold within the fridge for as much as 4 days. To reheat, attempt preheating the oven to 350 and heat the casserole for 15-20 minutes.
- To make this dish forward and freeze, put together the sauce and rooster combination and freeze it. Defrost in a single day within the fridge and high with the biscuit dough, earlier than baking as directed.
Did your loved ones love this Hen Pot Pie Casserole? Go away us a score and a remark under!
Hen Pot Pie Casserole
All the pieces we love about rooster pot pie in an easy-to-make cozy casserole!
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Add diced potatoes to a small saucepan and canopy with water. Convey to a delicate boil over medium-high warmth and prepare dinner lined till potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain effectively.
In a separate or a deep skillet, soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onion, garlic, and poultry seasoning and prepare dinner till softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the flour and prepare dinner for 1 minute extra.
Steadily add the milk and rooster broth over medium warmth, whisking after every addition till easy. Convey to a boil and simmer for 1 minute.
Stir within the drained potatoes, rooster, and frozen greens. Prepare dinner for 1 minute extra and style and season with salt and pepper.
Switch the combination to a 3-quart baking dish and high with the biscuits.
Bake uncovered for 25 to half-hour or till the biscuits are cooked by and golden brown. Cowl if the biscuits begin to get too brown.
Take away from the oven and brush the biscuits with melted butter. Let the casserole relaxation for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
I desire a frozen vegetable combine with frozen peas, carrots, corn, and inexperienced beans, however you should use simply peas and carrots if most popular.
For Crisper Biscuits: The biscuits might be browned on high and gentle and saucy on the underside. For crisper biscuits, they are often cooked individually on a pan in keeping with bundle instructions and positioned on high of the casserole for serving.
Leftovers could be saved in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat within the microwave till heated by.
Energy: 629 | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 23g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1309mg | Potassium: 721mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4411IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 5mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.